Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.
Today – as most of you know – is Thanksgiving Day. Here in Brazil, we call it Dia de Ação de Graças, but it is not a holiday nor celebrated, as it is in the US. We do not make any special dinner nor eat turkey. However, I particularly find the main purpose of the day – be grateful – a fantastic attitude. We should be thankful everyday for everything we are blessed with, but since most of us are not, let’s take advantage of this appointed day to do so?
Today, I would like to give thanks for:
– having been able to achieve all my goals so far (graduating as a translator in my preferred choice university, doing a master’s course in Translation in England, working as a freelance translator);
– having the work life I always dreamed of;
– all the wonderful friends I have;
– my blessed family;
– my health;
– my 5-year old nephew who has been an angel to my family and I, and my to-be-born nephew, who will certainly be another little angel in our lives;
– all my colleagues, with whom I learn precious things eveyday and who keep company to me – even if online;
– all my clients, with whom I exchange great experiences;
– you, all my readers, who take some time to read my humble adventures.
Happiest of Thanksgivings! 🙂
And you, what are you grateful for? Share your thanks with us.
*Quote by Ralph Marston