My birthday was on January 8th. And as a (belated) celebration, here is a post with 32 lessons I’ve learned in 32 years (and counting, both the lessons and the years).
1. It’s a huge waste of our time to worry about what others think.
2. We may be young and healthy now, but not forever. Taking good care of our body is essential for having a healthy and long life.
3. Dealing with our own business is already a full-time job, so why waste our time minding other people’s?
4. Being polite and using the magical words (“please”, “thank you” and “sorry”) are the best mom’s advice we should live by.
5. Listen more and speak less.
6. A positive atitude and a smile can do wonders.
7. Nobody is better than us neither we are better than anyone else. We all have something to learn with each other.
8. Therapy isn’t a waste of time. It can help us be a better person.
9. “Do what you love and love what you do, and you won’t have to work a day in your life” is definitely not a cliché.
10. The busier we are, the more productive we are and the more we want to accomplish, and vice-versa.
11. If we want something, we should go and get it. Things do not fall from the sky straight on our laps.
12. We all have something interesting to share.
13. Balance is key. Life goes way beyond work.
14. Whining, complaining and drama do not solve problems, only attract negative vibes.
15. Vacation and time off are as important as routine.
16. Real friends are a treasure.
17. Only by traveling are we able to acknowledge and value our own culture.
18. Gratitude is key to happiness.
19. Sometimes it is better to agree with a person than waste our time and energy arguing with them.
20. Even the worst times and people in our lives teach us something. It is up to us to learn from them or simply regret them.
21. Life is full of ups and downs. And the downs are as important as the ups.
22. Positivity takes us beyond and helps us go through hard times.
23. Embracing ourselves and accepting who we are help us acknowledge our weaknesses and strengths and learn how to deal with them.
24. People need attention and love as much as we do. Give and you shall receive.
25. We will never be good enough for everybody, but we may be the best for a single person. That’s what counts.
26. Mistakes are part of life. Admit them and apologize, do not give excuses.
27. Kindness is the real beauty.
28. We are the only ones responsible for our happiness.
29. When people are rude to us, they reveal who they are, not who we are. Politeness is the best response.
30. We should always try to make a great first impression.
31. Working hard does not always mean working smart.
32. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to success, because it depends on how each one of us perceives it and on our individual paths.
Would you like to share any lessons you have learned in life?